Friday, April 17, 2009

Creatures

I'm working on a new creature story and I was trying to think of my favorite creature stories and films for inspiration.

My favorite creature story is Lovecraft's "The Rats in the Wall." Of all Lovecraft stories, this one has the best ending (at least for me).

Favorite creature movies gets a little trickier. Of recent years, it would have to be The Descent. If anyone hasn't checked out this movie, I would seriously recommend it. I mean just look.




Chills right? I don't know if I want to see the sequel because I'm afraid it might ruin my love from the first one.

And who doesn't love Carpenter's The Thing? And of course you have vamps, werewolves, and zombies, oh my. Or Feast? A horror/comedy filled with drooling, moaning, reproducing, creatures.

But there are some famous creature movies that I just don't buy as scary. Like Jaws. Don't go into the water. Problem solved. Or Stephen King's It. It's Tim Curry with a wig. I love Tim Curry. But he's not scary. Looks good in thigh highs, yes. Scary, no.



No comments:

Post a Comment