Friday, May 15, 2009

Absence of Puppies = Sad Writing

My day job is going away due to the economy (ie the place I work at has to close), and this means I will no longer get to play with dogs daily. I feel my mental health will suffer for this. It is common knowledge that 80% of all happiness is caused by puppies. Simple scientific fact really.

And it has happened. Though I pledged to write a 8000 words or so story, I have warped it, and it looks like it will be around 3000. It might actually be impossible for me to write longer stories. My version of Gone with the Wind would have gone a lot differently.

Also on the writing front, it appears I will start reviewing some books for The Monsters Next Door. This means free books for me! Yes.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the job, especially since it involves puppies (I love dogs), but free books is a nice consolation prize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the puppies/job. Free books are good...not as good as puppies, but good.

    Gone with the Wind could have been a little less...windy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure if anything is as good as puppies. Cept maybe kittens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww. Sorry about the job thing. And a shorter version of Gone With the Wind would not be a bad thing. I think you could start and end with "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn," and be done with it.

    ReplyDelete