Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Zombie Anthologies Open for Submissions

Smell that? Yeah you probably don't want to. It's the smell of zombie.


Over at Living Dead Press, Anthony Giangregorio is putting together a zombie antho called (maybe) The Book of the Dead. He's only taking Romero style zombies (slow and steady), which I think is great. I love traditional zombies.

And at Library of the Living Dead Press, Dr. Pus is putting together a charity zombie antho called Night of the Giving Dead. All proceeds go towards First Book, a charity that tries to promote literacy by giving books to children with limited access to them.

And that's the zombie news of the day.

I am working on a story for Dr. Pus' antho. But I think it will be my last zombie one for a while. Of course I originally said I didn't have any zombie stories in me. And then I wrote "Sins of the Living..." Then I said I had maybe one more. Now I'm four zombie stories in. But I think after this one I'll be done for a while...

unless the zombie inspiration strikes again

6 comments:

  1. I don't know if I could write a 'good' zombie story. I am pretty sure I could right a dozen bad ones though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh. I've got a zombie story that has yet to find a home... poor, homeless zombies. So thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No such thing as a bad zombie, especially those for charity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree, zombies are like pizza in the whole bad is still good sense.

    and yay carrie! i'm glad. zombies should never be w/o a home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never tried writing a "traditional" zombie story. I can't help but feel that I would bring nothing new to the field. Maybe I ought to try anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's always worth a go. esp for charity :^)

    ReplyDelete