Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Contest and Open Witches Anthology and Not Writing (oh my)

The title says it all don't it? Anyway, the fablous ezine The Monsters Next Door is holding a "Sinister Summer" story contest, where you are given free reign to unleash any summer horror stories you might have in you. Further guidelines and prizes can be found here.

And Library of the Living Dead Press is now open to submissions for a Witches Anthology. I've read a stew (misspelling but I've decided it stays) of wonderous witches stories as of late (many in The now expired Best of Fantasy and Horror collections) and am determined to chalk off some time to write one of my own. Futher information can be found here.

I've been more or less in a story rut as of late, and because I've been working a fair amount with the dogs, I haven't had the chance to put as much time as I need in order to conquer the block war. I need to do so. As of now. Well before I leave for work today.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads-up on the new markets.

    Sent something off to LOTLD's "Horrorology" anthology coupla weeks ago and ain't heard nuthin. Perhaps it filled up.

    Don't dwell on your lack of productivity. It'll come back when you least expect it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, my writing world is definitely lacking stories about witches. Thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brendan - that would be nice. and i'm also waiting on a couple two weeks submissions to LOTLD

    Cate - i think the world is lacking stories about witches. particularly yours :^)

    Carrie - oh yes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Witches? I wonder if true life stories about my four sisters would qualify...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Made me smile, Jameson. Got three of them myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the info. I’ve never written about witches before – first time for everything, though

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been tinkering with an idea for the witch story for a few days but it is being stubborn...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You guys and your sisters. We sisters are awesome persons!

    I've never written about witches either. But I think it's time for me to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't write a lot of horror, but my goodness, horror markets have great themes! Hmm, I don't think I've ever written a story with a witch. And the "sinister summer" theme is really intriguing. Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete