Monday, June 1, 2009

It's Time to Pay the Rent Again

Acceptances for May came early in the month (The Awesome Dr. Pus, and the surreal Weird Tales, aka WEIRD TALES!) and then ran dry. 5 pieces currently out. I wrote three flashes this month, and started 3 shorts (I'm great at starting stories...). More writing must be done in June.

Currently limping around the house since I stepped on a nail yesterday while helping my fam clean out the garage (i like to say fam. I also say vacay. and vom. this drives my linguistics MA roomie out of her mind.) Was wearing flip-flops (yeah not smart) and stepped on a hidden rotting board. Flip flop got stuck to the board. My RN mother looked over and said I'd be fine ("You're up to date on your shots right?"). Now feeling sorry for my foot.

6 comments:

  1. Who cares about when the acceptances came when you can namedrop Weird Tales? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the whole flip-flop vs. nail thing. :( Yay! on the whole acceptance thing though. Weird Freakin' Tales! How cool is that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is very cool, and i will namedrop it for a very very long time indeed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the acceptances! I look forward to the day when I can do some namedropping. In the meantime, I'll live vicariously through you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww... poor foot. Perhaps you should read it some Weird Tales to make it feel better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. andrea- thanks for stopping by and for the congrats!

    carrie- my foot says it would prefer if i would learn to avoid the nails than to hear stories. i told it i can't unchange the past, and it said i needed to try harder. its a mean foot.

    ReplyDelete