Sunday, July 19, 2009

Movie Meme - Because I need a post

So like the brave ones before me, like K.C. Shaw and Jameson Caine I've decided to do a blog about movie things. Because I can.


1. Name a movie that you have seen more than 10 times.
Beauty and the Beast. What? I mean at least some of those times occured during my childhood.

2. Name a movie that you’ve seen multiple times in the theater.

Eh, when I was in middle school I remember going to see Titanic a bunch of times. I was young, I make no apologies.

3. Name an actor that would make you more inclined to see a movie.

.... Not really anyone.

4. Name an actor that would make you less likely to see a movie.

Tom Cruise.

5. Name a movie that you can and do quote from.

Clerks II. Though most of the quotes are not blog friendly.

6. Name a movie musical that you know all of the lyrics to all of the songs.

Not quite all of, but most of Rocky Horror Picture Show I've got down.

7. Name a movie that you have been known to sing along with.
This is the last question over isn't it. Wait! DISNEY MOVIES. I forgot. I can easily sing along to The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, and sorta the other ones, but not as much, because they two I said are the best obviously.

8. Name a movie that you would recommend everyone see.
Eraserhead. Because I did. And everyone should suffer as I have suffered.

9. Name a movie that you own.

What's one I own that not everyone else owns (yeah I jazzed up the question)? The Great Mouse Detective. Do kids watch that one now?

For some reason this movie questionnaire is pulling the kid out of me. Can't answer in non cartoons.

10. Name an actor that launched his/her entertainment career in another medium but who has surprised you with his/her acting chops.

Paris Hilton. She started out as a model, and by God, one day she'll get that Oscar!

11. Have you ever seen a movie in a drive-in? If so, what?
No.

12. Name a movie that you keep meaning to see but just haven’t yet gotten around to it.
The Midnight Meat Train.

13. Ever walked out of a movie?
No but I've wanted to. What was that one Travolta movie. A Civil Law, Civil Rain, something (too lazy to google). Boring.

14. Name a movie that made you cry in the theater.
Not the answer to 15. Okay maybe the answer to 15.

15. What’s the last movie you saw in the theater?
Up. Another Cartoon.

16. What’s your favorite/preferred genre of movie?
Horror. And cartoons apparently.

17. What’s the first movie you remember seeing in the theater?

Look I grew up in what I consider (looking back in my old age of young adult) to be the key era of Disney cartoons okay? So maybe I've seen a lot of the animated films in my time! but they are all glorious!

The Little Mermaid.


18. What movie do you wish you had never seen?

Everyone who is going to go see my movie recommedation skip this part:
Eraserhead. NO. NO NO NO NO NO. Boring, boring, AND THEN NO.

19. What is the weirdest movie you enjoyed?
I'm going to need an operational definition of "weird" here.

I heart Huckabees was a little off I suppose, and I liked that.

20. What is the scariest movie you’ve seen?
Not my favorite question. I don't know, for me scary movies are mostly about the setting. My setting, not the movie's setting. I do have a thing about Japanese Horror. Creepy children.

And I'm not allowed to watch The Changeling alone. (not Changeling, that Angelina Jolie movie. The Changeling, 1980's Horror. Guy from Patton.)

21. What is the funniest movie you’ve seen?

Clerks II. Who were we studying to be, Batman?!

9 comments:

  1. Tom Cruise is an immensely annoying creature. And I haven't seen The Midnight Meat Train either, I think I'll add it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was big into Disney cartoon until "Hercules." After that I lost interest in them. "Aladdin" and "Pocahontas" were my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gawd. Tom Cruise continues to take a pounding. I'm delighted, of course.

    (George C. Scott...Guy from Patton)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jamie and Jameson - cartoons are essential for the well rounded writer perhaps

    Aaron and Danielle - Tom Cruise is no good. period.

    And yeah, I'm not so good with the names. I'm better with nice descriptions that begin with "That Guy"

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Great Mouse Detective is a sadly underrated movie. It's got great animation, and it's a fun old-fashioned kinda Disney movie. Gosh, I haven't seen it in years.

    I shouldn't tell you this, but I loathe The Little Mermaid. Some of the songs are catchy, though. Same with Beauty and the Beast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm starting to feel sorry for poor old Tom. Maybe I'll watch Cocktail again... Then again, maybe not.

    Snort, Paris. Inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Regarding Paris Hilton, I predicted years ago that one day, like previous child star Jodie Foster before her, Brooke Shields would win an Oscar of her own.

    Though time is ticking away, I'm stickin with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, The Changeling is CREEPY. The only thing that would make it creepier is if Paris Hilton was in it.

    ReplyDelete