Wednesday, August 26, 2009

WIP Wednesday: the short story shame edition

As with Cate Gardner and the others before me, I have decided to do a work in progress Wednesday post.

Mainly I think, because I'm hoping that posting about some of my stories, will shame me into finishing them.

Anyway right now I'm working on two stories, "Wolf" (a camping misadventure) stands at 1555 words (probably will need to be about 3000, 3500) and "Medea" (eh, title is a WIP. and the story is about you know. Medea.) is at about 2000 (and I have no clue how long this one will end up, but it's far from done).

On a related note: God maybe I need to hire someone to do titles for me. Mine tend to be short and easy. They lack the mystery I think.

Maybe by next Wednesday, at least one story will be done. Or maybe I'll ignore these stories and post about two new unfinished tales.

Shame shame shame

10 comments:

  1. I know how that goes. At least your writing in some! My ideas are in my head, unwritten! I hate it but I'm caught up with my novel some agents are reading.

    Yes, titles are hard. You want something catchy and will linger. Some of mine are good I think...while others, I just couldn't think of anything else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently shaming myself into finishing my WIP's doesn't work for me. I have already shelved last weeks effort. for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Medea...nice subject matter to play with. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I thought it would shame me into getting some work done, but it didn't work out that way. Two short stories in progress is not bad going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Curse you, titles! Curse you, my banes!!

    -Mercedes

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey sara thanks for stopping by, good luck on that novel!

    jamie and cate - no the shame must work! shame samantha shame (i feel like the mom in carrie now).

    aaron - yeah i might need it

    mercedes- if Hamlet needed to curse him some titles, I'm pretty sure thats how it would sound

    ReplyDelete
  7. The "camping misadventure" sounds like a fun story! I hope you finish it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Titles are always a bugbear for me too. The main thing is that you're writing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is this where I say something horribly corny and point out that Hamlet would say, "Curse you my DANES"? Ha Ha! Ha! Ahahahahahahaaaaaa.

    I shall now slink off into the shadows where I belong.

    -Mercedes

    ReplyDelete