Friday, September 18, 2009

Worst Blogger Ever/ I think I'm a dog person

Haven't blogged in a while, am sort of in a writing slump. It's gotten to be where I'm writing just to keep up the practice, and the stuff I'm producing I really have no faith/interest in.

In cheerier news, I am looking forward to the new Necrotic Tissue, as it will have one of my favorite stories that I've written in it.

So I used to think of myself as a cat person. But since I've started working with dogs and living with cats, I've decided that I'm actually a dog person. I just don't get cats (and I do think that mystery is part of their charm, but come on, mystery can only take you so far). We fairly recently added a cat to our one cat household, and the two just keep staring at each other. One will walk by, and the other will meow. This gets repeated, about twenty times a day. I keep waiting for something to happen, for them to play (wait, do cats play?) or fight (I know they fight). But so far, nothing.

Cats.

9 comments:

  1. You aren't the only one in a writing slump. It will get better once winter kicks in. I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot the next edition of Necrotic Tissue was almost upon us - congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. jamie - yay a coslumper! well not yay for you. but it's good to not be alone. i tried writing today and ended up staring at a computer screen and getting a headache. sometimes, the words no be there.

    cate- thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been staring at the screen all week, despite there being a couple places that will be closing soon that I'd like to sub to. I just can't seem to conjure the words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heh. Don't beat yourself up! I'm the same way at the moment. Got a dozen half-finished (some where I even know the ending) yet can't bring myself to look at them. Keep the faith! It will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Jameson and Brendan :^) Keeping the faith is mucho good I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cats are interesting creatures, and totally weird. I'm convinced they are aliens sent here to infiltrate our society.

    Don't worry too much about being in a writing slump. You're probably just regenerating ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a member of the slump club, but I'm determined that this week will break it. I don't care how exhausted I am or how incoherent the pages are, I'm getting them down. And probably laughing at my idiocy when I read them later.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do not underestimate your self. I know your not. Every person has its own talent and characteristic that make him/her unique.

    ReplyDelete