Friday, October 23, 2009

Hey where did I go?

Not much to report on the writing front. I've been steeling myself up for NaNo. Less than ten days away!

On the movie front, I finally went and saw Paranormal Activity, and while I'm not sure if it is in fact one of the scariest movies ever (as promised in the ad), it certainly is worth catching a viewing of. Most higher budgeted movies have trouble accomplishing what PA accomplished.

Mercedes posted about her favorite music to write with, and I thought I'd add my two cents. I love music that is slow and eerie to write with, for instance:

Bon Iver - "Skinny Love"




or the ever loved Portishead's "Glory Box"



Enjoy

6 comments:

  1. Portishead...awesome. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd just like to second Aaron's comment. Mmm Portishead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heard this morning that Paranormal Activity cost $15,000 to make . . . and grossed $15,000,000 over the weekend.

    Stories like that make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, I hadn't thought of Portishead in years! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Skinny Love was awesome! I'd never heard it before. I'm actually going to ask people to contribute to a list this week...would you throw this on there?

    -Mercedes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roll on NaNo - my current manuscript that I'm editing is giving me a giant headache.

    ReplyDelete