Thursday, October 1, 2009

I like rules. Except for the ones I break.

I have decided that this year, I want to participate in NaNoWriMo. I think a month focused on stressed productive writing will do me some good. I do better with deadlines than I do without. But after I decided that I was going to write 50,000 words, I realized there was still one little problem.

I don't any novel ideas. (pun!) Not a one. Oh wait maybe, maybe, ah no. Not. A. One.

But then I thought, what the hell, why not just write 50,000 words of stories? Some exploring of forums led me to find out that this would make me a NaNo Rebel.

Sold.

So heres to November and the stories that it will bring.

And heres to deadlines.

Cheers all.

10 comments:

  1. Oh, goodie! Someone else to race! The nano site should update tonight so we can register for this year (assuming the site doesn't crash/slow to a crawl like last year).

    My mom is thinking about doing 50+ flash stories for Nano. You and my mom are such rebels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to NaNo this year with open arms and a steady diet of chocolate bars and coffee. I just haven't decided what story to start with. Good luck. I like the way you think. (BTW- I just got the latest issue of Necrotic Tissue in the mail yesterday and saw your name in it. nice work)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the race is on kc!

    me and your mom totally rock :^)

    jamie - i'm ready! sorta. and thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NaNoWriMo Rebel?

    Oh...I want that badge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool, looking forward to it. And I want the badge too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'll be a NaNo rebel too.. And write 0 words... Erm, writer fail.

    I look forward to watching your progress and everyone else's, things are working against me at this end and I don't think I'm going to be able to participate this year. I have my cheerleader outfit ready.

    ReplyDelete
  7. aaron and danielle- it is a beautiful badge indeed

    cate - haha, maybe theres a nice nano cheerleader badge :^)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best of luck! Remember, there are always shopping lists, recipes, knock-knock jokes, etc., to pump up the word count. Hey, it worked for David Foster Wallace . . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'll have to remember that when i run out of story ideas brendan

    ReplyDelete
  10. NANOWRIMO!!

    Let's be friends on the NaNo site and we can follow each other's progress! :)

    -Mercedes

    ReplyDelete