Sunday, November 15, 2009

NaNo Rebel Sadness

So as my current NaNo friends may have noticed, my word count has stayed at 13k for a while. That's because around five days or so ago I came to a sad conclusion - that I was not going to finish Nano.

I'm currently in the process of applying for graduate school, and I'm trying to get everything done by Dec 1. Since I am applying to join a MFA program, this means I am polishing and repolishing a certain amount of my writing, which is consuming a lot of my time (and mind). I have decided that my application is more important to me than Nano, so I have more or less withdrawn myself from Nano. Honestly, I probably should have figured this out before, and not have even committed myself in the first place to Nano, but I thought I could do both.

But my shortened Nano experience was positive, and so you can expect to see me fighting the good fight (or should I say writing the good write?) next year.

Thanks for the cheerleading! and kick butt danielle, kc, jamie, mercedes, and barry!

9 comments:

  1. Hey, at least you've got something you can come back to later. Good luck with grad school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, grad school! You definitely have your priorities right. And you have 13k more than you might have, otherwise. Go, you!

    -Mercedes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think grad school is a wee bit more important than nano. Good luck with it! Next year you can kick wordage butt with us--or not, depending on how swamped you are with classes and other stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! way better than NaNo. Good luck and I look forward to seeing where this road takes you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the kind words everyone! :^)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grad School definitely wins over NaNo. Good luck, Samantha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw you're gonna be a poor English master like me! You can't pay rent with words, Samantha! And you haven't posted on your blog in like forever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Just checking in and seeing if you're still active. :)

    -Mercedes

    ReplyDelete